Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Test renders

A few things...
- will probably need to break scenes up into shots
- robot eye shader needs to be finalized, re-rigged / work out surface shader in render setup
- we'll need to have one / two people check over the shots before they render, to make certain of proper setup if at all possible, probably should be me and / or Ric

- to be continued most likely...


(Updated Scene 2 below - 5/5/11)


Better?  (Shadow-phobic, I know)


As you can see, there's a ghosting effect due to the AO, but Joseph's working on that.
The other annoying problem is that the Hero Tree won't smooth, and the transparency part of the leaves is showing through in "indirect", "diffuseMaterialColor", and AO, of course.  But I'll try to tweak a little more in the morning.


I fixed the Hero Tree! :D
Turned out to be a differing setting in the smooth mesh part of the attribute editor; I compared the settings with one of the BG trees.
Anyway, what do you think?  (There's no changes with color balance or anything yet in this one.)


The new setup seems to do well for me, here's a render from sc1_sh4.
(Yes, the leaves are changed, they wouldn't work otherwise.)

Can add test renders here as necessary.  (Keep text at the bottom.)

6 comments:

  1. If it's alright with you, I think Xiaowu and I would like a chance to get a look at all the shots before we render.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to take a look at all the settings, for consistency in the setup. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. My monitors on the desktop seem to have a very similar display. I don't think that these renders look very different. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what you mean. Those are problematic leaves. The tree won't smooth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, they are... if necessary I can just send my little texture map for them to Anime001, for everyone to apply to them, but we'll see what Joseph comes up with. They're still showing up in the FG and diffuseMaterialColor pass, too.

    But yeah, the tree won't smooth. I hit three, and it says smooth, but it still looks polygonal; everything else seems to smooth fine, though. O_o

    I'll be in today when I can, I have choir rehearsal for my final on Saturday at noon, I told Joseph it might be anywhere from 1 hour to 2, but I don't know for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your third render's light better,We need to use some depth of field though. The razor edge around the objects is kind of strong.

    ReplyDelete