Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dying Tree Leaves

I haven't made any map changes yet.  This is the tree with the number of leaves on it in the beginning.  I'll add to it from here.  (I'll stop halfway for a intermediate stage of the tree.)



There are a couple of leaf sets with the healthy color map on them, to show that the tree is still fighting.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! Those leaves are too small! They don't need to be so wee! I think the placement is ok, but at that size the tree looks too sparse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...That's the idea. It's supposed to be sparse.

    Besides, that way the tree actually looks populated when it's healthy. I'm currently on my 104th leaf set, and I'll soon post the intermediate stage.
    It's highly time consuming, but I hope to have around 300 sets for healthy, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do suppose that it will still look quite sparse even with 300... it'll take a long time to go back and scale each one up, however that will decrease the number I'll have to add, lowering the poly count... I'll try to scale them up a little.
    Sorry. I'm tired, and I'm probably not thinking very clearly at all.

    ReplyDelete