Thanks for posting these Cade. I think your new version of the character is an improvement. The enlarged feet and hands make it seem more childlike - more human.
The cylindrical torso in the 3D version reminds me of an oil drum - I like the pear-shaped torso you're developing in the sketches.
Will this character have any facial features? Will the dome be clear glass? Will the head be able to swivel?
Also curious if the character will vocalize? Sort of like R2D2 in Star Wars...
I have been playing around with the "head" of this guy. It's hard not to picture the dome, after having that specific look roll around in my head for a while now. I think it would definitely help to see what other people come up with. At first I was thinking the "eyes" would be mounted on some sort of swiveling device, but not so sure now. I think the notion of sound effects (if any) is a good question.
Looking great, Cade. Thanks for setting up this blog. I'm digging this design you have for the robot, really cool.
Just curious - Is the 3D model and digital painting something you made recently, or from a past project? Either way, I really like what you've got so far. Especially the last sketch.
Thanks for posting these Cade. I think your new version of the character is an improvement. The enlarged feet and hands make it seem more childlike - more human.
ReplyDeleteThe cylindrical torso in the 3D version reminds me of an oil drum - I like the pear-shaped torso you're developing in the sketches.
Will this character have any facial features? Will the dome be clear glass? Will the head be able to swivel?
Also curious if the character will vocalize? Sort of like R2D2 in Star Wars...
I have been playing around with the "head" of this guy. It's hard not to picture the dome, after having that specific look roll around in my head for a while now. I think it would definitely help to see what other people come up with.
ReplyDeleteAt first I was thinking the "eyes" would be mounted on some sort of swiveling device, but not so sure now.
I think the notion of sound effects (if any) is a good question.
Looking great, Cade. Thanks for setting up this blog. I'm digging this design you have for the robot, really cool.
ReplyDeleteJust curious - Is the 3D model and digital painting something you made recently, or from a past project? Either way, I really like what you've got so far. Especially the last sketch.
The digital model is something I made for last semester. It was made pretty haphazardly, without much attention to functionality.
ReplyDelete