Hey guys, I'm currently in the process of making modelsheets, but I remember there was talk last class about having the trees modeled in sections that are attached together. Does this fit the description? And also, how should I go about creating the before and after versions of the trees? Should I have separate model sheets for those for separate models? Or some houw make a trunk with branches which the "lush" sections can attach to?
Yo Derringer, I think modeling the trees so that they actually fit together will cause much headache in the modeling process. As far as sections I think your're going in the right direction, however try not to get too complicated with shaping the sections as they are mostly background props. You can swap treetops, for the "lush" part of the story as you mentioned. When designing lush=rounder, fuller, not necessarily more complicated.
ReplyDeleteIt might be a good idea to design a few bare versions of the trees, and then do a few designs for the leaf clumps. Then you can interchange them.
ReplyDeleteOf course, some of them will be different, like that pine tree. Maybe you could do them with only a few clumps at each tier, and do others with more until you reach the final look of the triangular pine.
I'll have to work on more drawings and post them so that you can do more modelsheets.
I think the modular idea was s that we could have one basic form that we could mix and match a few key components to make multiples without having t model a new tree from scratch. Obviously we'd have to do different trees, but it would be a resource that we could draw from for incidental trees and bushes.
ReplyDeleteXiaowu and I were talking about how to go about doing the dry to lush, was Rib there too? We were thinking about using transparent skins that we could switch out at different places in the story. So the skins could in effect "grow", adding more leaves, but retain the same shape.
ReplyDeleteSteven - I would suggest going back to the concept art and looking closely at the silhouettes. I feel like you are losing something in the translation.
ReplyDelete